Can you believe it? 5 days into the New Year and I have a new blog post out already?! Is this the new, improved, organised Louise? Here’s hoping so!
I hope you’ve all had a fabulous start to the year. Mine has been extremely positive and I have a good feeling about this year… *so cliche*.
I have set myself a few goals for this year, I’m not going to say ‘resolutions’ because then I will instantly fail them all as I NEVER stick to my resolutions & I thought I would share them with you.
1. Invest in my blog – I have reached a point where this has become more than a hobby to me, this has become a part of who I am and what I love doing. It’s become a part of my daily routine to jot down ideas, plan a post or an instagram picture, tweet other bloggers promoting their latest post. I have even made friends within this community and this is something I will continue for the foreseeable future. So this is the year I invest in myself. I know I don’t need my own domain to feel accepted and believe me, not a single person has ever criticised me for not taking this step sooner, but now I truly feel ready to own my blog completely.
2. Youtube – Guess who is going to start weekly vlogging? Me! This is a very new territory for me & I am not even sure if I am going to like it BUT I will never know if I don’t try. Even if weekly vlogging is not for me, I will upload more videos to Youtube. 2018 is the year of growth!
3. Social Events – I can be a bit of a recluse, I like my own surroundings and I’m very shy around new people to the point where I can come off as rude for not engaging in conversation. I aim to change this this year, I need to stop seeking comfort on my phone when in social situations & I need to throw myself into the deep end. This will be a working progress.
4. Make Better Choices – This is a very generalised goal for me. It can mean anything from buying more cruelty free make up, consciously choosing to eat less meat, learning when to say no to things instead of stretching myself thin and burning out and most importantly doing more of the things I love instead of what is expected of me.
5. Buy a camera – A very materialistic goal for myself but something I want to do. I currently do everything Blog & YouTube related on my trusty little iPhone 7. Thats recording, writing posts, taking pictures, editing videos and uploading as well as managing all my social media accounts. A camera is an essential for me and it’s time I treated myself to one.
They are my 5 goals for 2018, let me know yours in the comments below!